COMPANY: Embassy Office Parks REIT
Supporting the General Counsel on legal and compliance responsibilities pertaining to the activities of Embassy Office Parks REIT (Embassy REIT) and its assets.
- Tracking and overseeing all legal proceedings by and against Embassy REIT and its assets; coordinating with stakeholders and external counsel in that context.
- Tracking all legal notices and regulatory proceedings against Embassy REIT and its assets; coordinating with stakeholders and external counsel in that context.
- Reviewing all contracts pertaining the acquisition of one or more assets by Embassy REIT and working with external counsel on such contracts. Leading the completion of all associated deliverables in connection with each such acquisition.
- Reviewing all financing documents in connection with any debt facility obtained by Embassy REIT or its assets and working with external counsel on such documents. Leading the completion of all associated deliverables in connection with each such debt facility.
- Track reporting requirements under all long term contracts executed by Embassy REIT and its assets.
- Preparing updates covering legal/ compliance developments with respect to Embassy REIT.
- Legal review of investor material and periodic reports pertaining to Embassy REIT.
- Review of all SEBI disclosures and stock exchange filings by Embassy REIT.
- Tracking the progress of all legal deliverables and providing regular updates to management though the general counsel.
- Reviewing legal queries raised by various stakeholders and preparing responses. Coordinating with external counsel where necessary for preparing the responses.
- Reviewing and recommending revisions to standard lease documentation to to reflect new requirements.
||Business Heads| Accounts & Finance Heads | General Counsel and Compliance Officer ||
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Law graduate with at least 8 years of proven work experience with at-least 5+ years as a general corporate lawyer.
- Experience in dealing legal and compliance issues of listed companies.
- Experience in dealing with debt financing transactions and M&A transactions (preferably real estate M&A).
- In-house/ Corporate lawyer experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for problem solving and for taking ownership of legal deliverables.
- Proactive attitude towards identifying legal/ compliance challenges and addressing them.
- Strong organization and team management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other reporting tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies: