Design Management and Coordination is a crucial bridging role between project requirements, its design and subsequently the delivery of a project. Design Coordinators perform the same role as a Project Manager but they work more closely with the client to translate their accurate information to design teams from Concept design, preconstruction and all the way to practical completion. They will coordinate multidisciplinary teams both internally and externally. Design Mangers will have a design background, knowledge of contractual and building regulation obligations and exceptional coordination skills.
Design Manager is an integral member of the Project Management Office responsible for coordinating Concept Master planning, end user’s requirements to Good For Construction dwgs. He/She is responsible for coordinating design and detailing of Pan India projects. Along with this, this profile also plays key role in providing technical support to Pre-Leasing team during discussions with Leasing teams.
Design manager analyses and reviews progress of design and proposal strategy against the enquires from various clients in line with agreed Business Plan. He/She is accountable of presenting data/proposal which is following Business Strategy, construction progress, Building Bye-laws and budget parameters.
- Visit sites and prepare Site Analysis and Feasibility Report.
- Research and have complete understanding of all local and international prevailing bye-laws and design norms.
- Take a download of Business Strategy and thought process for selected/shortlisted land.
- Sketch initial concept as per local Bye-Laws and Business plan for discussion with Design Architect.
- Set the agenda and Drive Concept Design Communicating risks, opportunities and current state of design engineering to superior and/or other stakeholders.
- Scheduling meetings, preparation of Minutes of Meetings and periodic follow-up for the closure of items as per minutes.
- Collate, circulate learnings and ensure its incorporation in design of upcoming projects.
- Review and approve all General Arrangement Dwgs, Concept dwgs coming from design consultants or from Design Build Contractor to ensure that design intent is captured.
- Be responsible for coordinating the construction/design related matters and solutions between the various project stake holders including the Client in relation to all the necessary design approvals, reviews and coordination throughout the construction period.
- You will support the project team to review and co-ordinate with the Client and necessary project stake holders to ensure all design changes and solutions are implemented and coordinated into the project design documentation.
- Understand business plans and associated budget, Design parameters and develop thumb-rules for future references.
- Constantly explore new materials its construction detailing and execution benefits leading to cost optimization.
- Communication and analytical skills, critical for right understanding of Client’s design brief.
- Read & understand all drawings & detailing received from Client, Design teams and vendors.
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of company’s’ business requirements and needs affecting Design and Concepts of Projects.
- Develop process improvements for increased efficiency and cost effectiveness of team.
- Perform periodic analysis to understand operational efficiency of team.
- Recommend and implement new technology solutions to improve productivity.
- Generate and circulate, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly MIS reports to all concerned depts as need be.
- Constantly portray a professional image to colleagues, senior employees and Client in person and in all communications.
- Promote and foster a strong, ethical, friendly and efficient team culture and working environment.
- When additional responsibilities need to be carried out, conduct this in a fully informed manner with the approval of Lead Design Manager.
- Constantly maintain an upmost level of confidentiality and discretion with all information pertaining to the business, the Directors, information that you learn / obtain, colleagues and business activities in general.
- Maintain established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment and safety standards.
- Communicates ideas for improvement to Senior Employees.
- Strong self-management skills to ensure timely issue of project deliverables.
- Knowledge of basic civil engineering domain is must along with educational background in Design.
- Broad knowledge of Industrial & PEB Building design parameters is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of material specs.
- Knowledge of national and international norms for safety/stability in building design.
- Experience in LEED/IGBC certified projects is preferred.
- Analytical Ability.
- Broad strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of world class change management.
- Articulate presentation skills with good communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
- Efficient and quick coordination skills.
- Work well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotional issues.
- BIM, Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Presentation skills on Power Point or similar software.
- Diploma/BArch/ B. Tech in Design/Architecture from a reputed Institute or University.
- Master’s in urban planning or Architecture or Fenestration Design preferable.
- Above 10Years